Click the Banner for More Info

Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Open Thread

dustpuppy, that's offensive to me. I'll say it again – I want Republicans, conservatives, independents, libertarians, unaffiliateds, democrats, progressives, greens (not necessarily in that order) to feel OK about posting on here, without thinking that they're going to be insulted, told that they're insane or addicts or should be imprisoned for their ideas, or whatever.  I know I can't post my ideas on their blogs, because I've tried, and been shut down, deleted, ridiculed, and threatened.

I want people of all political affiliations to be able to put their claims out, and, hopefully, back them up with facts and evidence so we can have a substantive argument. Granted, usually, conservatives don't really have the facts to back stuff up, but that's what I want.

This is a comfortable place to post for progressives.  Usually people aren't ridiculed, unless they're ridiculous. I wish that it was comfortable  for reasonable conservatives to post reasonable arguments and try to back it up.

All that is to say that, though I often disagree with David T808, I think he's correct in wanting more diversity of opinions on here.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment